Monday, July 26, 2010

The Army Is Ready To Go!

I am ready to go! What? I have to wait until Saturday? Really? Really?

This is the material a pretend-general needs to take to GenCon to push lead (or a lead substitute) around a table and simulate little elves and steam machines killing one another (with complicated rules). In the back is the padded bag I will carry all this inside. In the fore, you can see dice, wipeable markers, merc cards, a laser pointer, and focus tokens. On the left is a binder with plastic sleeves that hold my army cards. In the middle of the pic is the army, nestled snugly in its foam protection (though I pulled out a couple miniatures to show scale).

Not pictured are a couple paper towels to wipe up the marks that will go on the pastic sheets to track damage, the core Warmachine Book, and some extra foam (in case I buy some new figs).

7 comments:

  1. How about posting some pics of the Army itself.

    Ozmo (Nadav)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Army pics are coming. I gotta string you guys along to keep up readership! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a blog? You're having a kid? What the hell man!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better yet, I'll be in Texas come the 10th. I'm hoping to do a barbecue at my dad;s place on the 21st. I'll shoot you an e-mail over on facebook with some details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making Gen Con, eh? Awesome. I'll be demoing Shadowrun all weekend, swing by and say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rock, Bull. How will I recognize you/track you down?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be the bigass Ork with a Mohawk running Shadowrun Demos at the CGL booth :) I'll likely be there the better part of every day while the hall is open.

    Barring that, ask around. It's mildly frightening how many folks at Gen Con know who I am. :)

    ReplyDelete