Thursday, May 5, 2011

What to Bring to GenCon?


I've got a dilemma. What Warmachine models do I bring to GenCon?


think, think, think

Of course, part of it will depend on the format we choose for our tourney. We decided to do our mini-tourney on Friday night - but now I got to think about which models I should bring. As much as I want, I cant bring them all. I am NOT going to bring my full Privateer Press bag, but do have a smaller one that will handle, at best, a third of my army.

So, I got to think which Warcasters. Always start with the Warcaster. I'm thinking Sorcha, Vlad, Strak... and one of either Karchev or the Butcher.

From there, I'll have to pick the units and 'jacks that are the most versatile. I like Doomreavers, so I am pretty sure I will bring them. I like my magnetized Khador 'jack frame, so I will probably bring at least one (I have three) as well as all its arm options. Widowmakers will come.

After that? I really want to bring Behemoth and Beast 09 - but they are heavy and irregularly shaped making it hard to fit them. Bringing Behemoth might mean I have to sacrifice other models. So, is Behemoth (and/or Beast) versatile enough to justify the space they take?

Not sure. I'm open to opinions and suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Chris,

    I've really enjoyed the blog. Lots of great stuff on here. I'd love to hook up at GenCon and do a joint report, but unfortunatly I coach High School football, so that's a time of the year I can't get free. Thanks for the offer though. Would have been a blast, and I definatly have to make a GenCon trip happen sometime.

    Keep up the great blog!

    ReplyDelete